Black Friday stand mixer deals 2020 | KitchenAid, Kenwood and more
Black Friday is a great time to snag discounts on top-performing kitchen gadgets from brands like KitchenAid, Smeg and Nespresso – not just stand mixers, but everything from food processors to the best coffee machines. Tested by BBC Good Food experts, these models were chosen for their build quality, efficiency and variety of attachments, particularly those included for making cakes and doughs.
Large capacity mixing bowls are usually standard, as are dough hooks and whisks, but attachments and speed functions do vary. We’d recommend doing your own research ahead of Black Friday so that you have a model in mind.
Consider the capacity you need. How big is your countertop? Stand mixers are medium-sized appliances, so take up a larger footprint than, for example, a kettle. If you’d like a mixer to cover the basics, there’s little need to splash out on a high-spec gadget when there are better value-for-money options available.
We’ll be updating this page regularly with all the latest news and Black Friday stand mixer deals on our favourite tried and tested machines below.
For all the best Black Friday kitchen appliance deals and more unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups on everything from the best dishwasher tablets to slow cookers and food processors.
Which retailers have already started their Black Friday sales?
Although Black Friday is still a week away, as predicted, most major retailers have already kicked things off with early offers. There are plenty of opportunities to make savings ahead of 27 November. Here’s where to find some of the best prices on stand mixers and kitchen appliances right now:
- Very – early Black Friday deals on home tech including KitchenAid
- Lakeland – save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – ‘Ready, Set, Go!’ sale has begun
- John Lewis & Partners – save on large and small appliances including Kenwood, Magimix
- Selfridges – up to 20% off home and tech including Le Creuset, Smeg and Magimix with code, SELFCC at checkout
- Appliances Direct – 50% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – Star Buys with up to 50% off
- Argos – half price kitchen appliances including Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – Mega Deals on home and garden
- AO.com – save on appliances including best dishwashers to microwaves
- Amazon – early Black Friday offers, 25% off home appliances
- House of Fraser – 20% off household items with the code, AUTUMN20
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best early Black Friday stand mixer deals 2020
KitchenAid 6.9-litre Artisan stand mixer, Black Friday deals
Best stand mixer for baking
This KitchenAid screams ‘serious baker’ but when it comes to noisiness, you’ll still be able to hear the radio over its top speed setting. It’s a real statement stand mixer that powers through batters, bread doughs and pastry with zero fuss. RRP £699.
Read our full KitchenAid 6.9-litre Artisan stand mixer review
KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer, Black Friday deals
You can currently save £100 on the medium-sized 4.8-litre Artisan at Currys, now £399 down from £499. Like its larger counterpart, this stand mixer features a stainless steel dough hook, a six-wire whisk and a flat-beater attachment. Use code, KTFNDD at checkout for free next day delivery on this order. RRP £499.
Kenwood kMix Editions stand mixer, Black Friday deals
This is an eye-catching bit of kit for your countertop with 1000w of power behind it. Featured within the box are three steel tools: a dough hook, whisk and the brand’s recognisable K-Beater, all dishwasher-safe. We particularly liked the gradual pace-increase of the whisk when you jump between speeds. RRP £599.99.
Read our full Kenwood kMix Editions stand mixer review.
Kenwood KVL8300S Chef Titanium XL Stand Mixer, Black Friday deals
Best stand mixer for versatility
This 6.8-litre Kenwood Chef oozes quality and style. Its 1700W motor is covered by a 10-year guarantee and powers its hefty stainless steel attachments which fit snugly into the head. With a large capacity, you can’t do better for batch cooking and baking. Unfortunately, this model has now been discontinued so be quick whilst stocks last! RRP £739.
Read our full Kenwood Chef XL Titanium review.
Russell Hobbs Go Create stand mixer, Black Friday deals
Best mid-range stand mixer
This is one of the cheapest stand mixers on the market, but the performance is far from budget. Offering 10 speed settings, a five-litre stainless steel bowl and three attachments, including a flat beater, dough hook and balloon whisk, it’s a great all-rounder for baking lovers who want a bit of oomph for beating your Christmas cake. It’s not the newest design, which is probably why this mixer is available at Argos for such a low price. Snap it up whilst stocks last. RRP around £150.
Read our full Russell Hobbs Go Create stand mixer review.
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday falls on Friday 27 November this year, immediately followed by Cyber Monday on 30 November. Being the major shopping event before Christmas, deals will run across a full three days, but we’re already seeing discounts go live in preparation.
Due to government restrictions on the opening of non-essential retail shops until 2 December, Black Friday will look a little different this year. Retail giants are bringing their biggest deals online earlier to entice customers and suss out competitors’ prices in plenty of time.
Once you’ve decided on which stand mixer would suit you and your kitchen best, we’d recommend researching its RRP and watching discounts as they ramp up. Then you’ll be better equipped to recognise a strong deal.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
- Stand mixers vary dramatically in price, so to get good value for money, think about the functions that really matter to you. Our best stand mixers list and buyer’s guide is a good place to start.
- Know the RRP in advance so you’re aware of how much money you’ll save with each deal. The manufacturers page is a good place to start if you’d like to source details of the original recommended price.
- Do your research in advance so you know the model you want. It’s easy to be seduced by big deals on expensive gadgets, but if you don’t need the majority of functions on offer, you’re not saving any money.
- Only buy what you can afford.
- Some retailers, such as John Lewis & Partners and Currys PC World guarantee that they will match a price if you find a product being sold cheaper by another retailer.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
The concept of a dedicated day on which to find the best online deals won’t be in play this year. High street retailers are set to see far fewer in-store visitors, and as a result, are already bringing deals online. This means competition with the likes of Amazon, Very and Wayfair will be fierce. Your money is what they’re competing for, so to entice customers, we’re already seeing deals drop, with many more to come.
Although retailers may save the best deals for Black Friday, stock challenges are a symptom of increased online demand, so our advice is to buy when you see a price you like.
Do your research ahead of time, decide on the best stand mixer for your kitchen, and check back here for all the latest news and best Black Friday 2020 stand mixer deals.
The BBC Good Food reviews section features buyer’s guides brought to you by the Good Food experts.