Packed with Cheddar cheese and flavored with dill, this quick bread recipe has fresh springtime flavor that highlights the richness of Sunnyland Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves. Made all the more tender from buttermilk in the batter, this loaf is delicious served warm from the oven and slathered in butter.
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
- 1⅓ cups (320 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- ¼ cup (56 grams) canola oil
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 cup (113 grams) roughly chopped toasted
- Sunnyland Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves
- ⅔ cup (75 grams) plus 3 tablespoons
- (22 grams) firmly packed shredded
- extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup (56 grams) fi nely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup (10 grams) lightly packed finely
- chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup (28 grams) roughly chopped Sunnyland
- Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves
- Softened butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F). Spray an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour; line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. (Batter will be very thick.) Fold in toasted pecans, ⅔ cup (75 grams) cheese, green onion, and dill until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan; using a small off set spatula, smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle top with raw pecans and remaining 3 tablespoons (22 grams) cheese.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 200°F (93°C), 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with softened butter.