This cheesy loaf comes together easily, but packs a whole lot of flavor! Use your favorite pale ale and Monterey Jack cheese, or whatever you happen to have on hand.
Cheesy Beer Bread
- 1⅓ cups (320 grams) pale ale beer
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup (60 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 cups (500 grams) self-rising flour
- 2½ cups (250 grams) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together beer, melted butter, and buttermilk. Add flour, cheese, and red pepper, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own. For every 1 cup of all-purpose flour add 1½ teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.