Welcome summer with freshly baked loaves full of your favorite stone fruit and a thick drizzle of white chocolate ganache. The yogurt adds moisture and a little tangy flavor in each bite.
Stone Fruit Yogurt Bread
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 1½ cups (360 grams) Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1 cup (224 grams) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (6 grams) lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (20 grams) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (225 grams) chopped peeled stone fruit, such as peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup (170 grams) white chocolate morsels
- White Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Butter 2 (8×4-inch) loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, yogurt, oil, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla at medium speed with a hand mixer until well combined. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring just until moistened. Fold in stone fruit and white chocolate morsels. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Loosely cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes more. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Pour White Chocolate Ganache over cooled loaves.
White Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup (120 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup (113 grams) chopped white chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon (1 gram) lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream on medium-high in 15-second intervals, stirring between each, until it starts to steam. Add chocolate morsels and lemon zest and juice, whisking until smooth. Add butter, and whisk until combined. Use immediately.